Sixth Form Overview
Are you thinking about your post-16 options? Do you want to join a small, specialist sixth form offering excellent facilities and supportive teaching staff? Have you thought about continuing your post-16 studies at Airedale Academy where you can study Performing Arts, Health & Social Care, or Business.
Our 16 to 19 courses are designed to provide you with an exciting and challenging learning programme that supports you in preparing for your future career or further study. As part of your experience with us you will:
- study a substantial applied or vocational qualification as the bulk of your course, which will lead to further learning or employment opportunities
- continue to work towards achieving a GCSE A*-C in maths, English or both if you do not already hold these
- undertake other enrichment or personal development activities as part of your course to help you to develop your personal skills and/or prepare you for the next step in your journey
To read more about the courses on offer and for more information about our sixth form, please click on the link to the left.
You will be taught in a modern, well-equipped learning environment, including a professional standard theatre and performing arts rooms, plus bright, well-equipped classrooms. We also have a purpose built common room with a study area to ensure you can complete your work.
Our Sixth Form students are an important part of our school community and contribute to the life of the school by undertaking voluntary work with younger pupils, putting on performances as part of school assemblies, and acting as role models for younger students to emulate and aspire to. We aim to treat our sixth formers as young adults, with the associated rights and responsibilities that come with this, as part of preparing you for life after Airedale Academy.
What do we expect from you ?
- That you are punctual and go to all timetabled lessons.
- That you follow our rules and behave in an appropriate way while in school.
- That you remember that you are role models for our younger pupils.
- That you choose a suitable full-time programme.
- That you will keep us informed of any difficulties that may affect your work.
- That you always do your best!
We want you to do well and have the best time of your life in our Sixth Form. We will do our best to help achieve this - and we look forward to you becoming a part of our community.
For more information about courses, the support we offer and for details on how to apply, click on the links to the left. If you have any questions, telephone 01977 664555 and ask to speak to Mrs Harrap, Head of Sixth Form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org